PDA

View Full Version : what should alcohol profit margin be?

fernando
05-08-2006, 11:31 PM
as an estimate, what percentage should my profit on alcohol be?

fernando
05-09-2006, 03:39 PM
ok today i went to liquor outlets, and a budweiser beer distributor.. I am getting a better feel for the profit margin...

Falcon
05-09-2006, 05:14 PM
it really depends on how finite you want to work out all the details... or how much does it cost you to pour a drink or serve a beer... the more square footage and electric your paying for, the amount of help you need, the cost of a product, before tax and after tax, licenses, water, mixers, glassware, entertainment, etc etc... right now on a bottle of well booze ($6 to $11my cost before taxes) it would be ideal for me to take in $68.75... it won't do that tho, with happy hour Imight only take in $56.25 and with some comps less than that so a fair average take for that bottle would be about $58 ...
is that all profit? no way although it appears I just made 50 bucks off one bottle there is still all that afore mentioned items to pay each month and it comes out of that 50 bucks... so trying to figure profit margin per drink before sales would be fairly difficult as the profit is in volume... find the going price in your area by snooping around and making some different purchases at clubs,Tops, wells, premiums,per drink or beer, wine and start there. then adjust your prices to your needs... there are some very sharp people at this site and there are seminars and shows that can keep you from chasing your tail

fernando
05-09-2006, 05:30 PM
great advice thanks

ministry
05-10-2006, 11:59 AM
i think you lost him