PDA

View Full Version : Operational Forms and Reports: Perpetual Inventory sample

rootsreality
03-04-2008, 01:04 PM
As a relatively new bar owner I have gone through lots of iterations on the forms and reports to be used in my operation. My place is an owner operated neighborhood bar - capacity 100 - about 2000 sq ft, with just 5 employees. I would be interested in what others are using well since I created most of my forms from scratch.

We are using the following on a regular basis:

Bartenders Daily Report
- comprehensive report of the day (one per day broken out by shift)
- covers receipts, usage/breakage, overrings, comps, petty cash, etc.
- the format of this report has been changing regularly as my bartenders point out additional items to be tracked daily
- it will need to be revamped soon when we add credit card capability (right now we are a cash-only operation)

I WOULD REALLY LIKE EXAMPLES OF SIMILAR FORMS FROM OTHERS

Monthly Inventory
- for physical count of liquor beer and wine
- planning to add specific food items to this procedure soon
- my lead bartender does the count but has no visibility to the expected totals; I do the comparison against the perpetual inventory

Perpetual Inventory
- summarizes purchases and breakage
- I use this as a baseline to compare against physical inventory

Incident Report
- records any fights, suspicious activity, lost items, etc.

We also use an off the shelf employee timecard and job application form.

I am sure others have an interest in this type of thing so I have attached a sample of the form I put together for the Perpetual Inventory. I write in the item name at the very top and print them on 110 lb index card paper so it will hold up for a long time. Many of the boxes are set up so that they can be circled rather than hand entered. In the Activity section I note the order # or invoice # when recording receipts. We record breakage every week or two. We hold the empty bottles in a specific area until they are recorded on the perpetual inventory, then remove them for recycling.

What kinds of forms do you use? I would love to see examples of what other places have developed for these types of things.