Make Tuesday the New Friday with Buzztime Digital Entertainment!

Thread: Night club ideas

Night club ideas

So... every night club seems to be the same. I mean its not a bad thing, but what if you want to stand out from the rest of the clubs knowing you have something else that they don't which increases your business. Well I have a very limited amount of ideas which you can possibly do at a night club and I wanted pros and cons about them and if anyone has other ideas which aren't THAT costly I want to discuss those also.

So, ideas....

Hookah Bar - (area for people in your club to do hookah), hookah's are extremely cheap and the tobacco for it is extremely inexpensive so the mark up on it is incredible. I know of a club who did it around me and it was like $18.00 for 1 bowl, considering tobacco is extremely cheap and you can get a decent hookah for $50, its a good deal.

Oxygen Bar - Ever been to an all day out doors concert? Well usually along with beer sales they have oxygen bars all over the venue. I am not sure how much tanks cost or how that works exactly, but when its $20-25 to do it for a while it seems worth it. I don't know if that needs to come with licensing and/or any experienced training to operate it.

Foam "Party" - Ever seen a foam party? Its where a whole room is basically filled with foam from a machine. I'm not sure how much the machines cost or if you can rent them but that is a more pricer party I am guessing.

Does anyone have any other ideas or what to contribute any content on what I said already. I am curious about what everything thinks. I am up for anything.

Let's get this thread going! The more ideas the better!

Cheers,

Barry

In our bar our dancefloor has many different features... CO2 comming down to cool down the dancefloor, snow machine, confettis blowing all over the floor from 2 huge canons, huge laser shows (biggest in north america) etc.

We also have some artists comming in to play with the djs every night... electric violon, tam tams, drums, harmonica, signers etc.

if you guys want to check it out :
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...3851432&page=5

I just took a look at your club, its very nice. Where is it located?

How much did those machines cost?

Do you think adding a hookah lounge and a oxygen bar would increase sales of a night club, and the start up and running costs of them be cheap enough to be worth putting in a night club lounge area?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinL View Post
    In our bar our dancefloor has many different features... CO2 comming down to cool down the dancefloor,
    I added this to my last residency 3 years ago. It was very "cool"

Let me add that adding video to your club is getting more and more common-place everyday.
    Justin Allen

Looking to add a video VJ to your club? I'm looking for a residency!

What's the hottest video's in nightclubs today?
    Check out my website under video mixes for the Top 15 hottest videos in April!

How much does CO2 cost nowadays and how much are the machines? It seems like that would be an expense that a starting night club might not be able to afford.

I was thinking hookah lounge cause its very cheap investment and you have a high return on them, and/or oxygen bar.

I looked at Foam parties as like a special event night where everyone wears their swim suits, more of a summer thing, and the machines are really cheap to rent out, like $200-300 a night and then you get the foam which lasts around 4 hours per gallon you put in it and the foam is biodegradable so its a pretty easy clean up.

Those are very cheap investments which might make your night club stand out from the rest. Am I right or wrong for thinking that and how worth it would it be?

lol spoken like someone who has never cleaned up after a foam party

CO2 jets cost about $1500-2500 each jet, plus cabling. A Dewers tank for the CO2 is free with the purchase of CO2 and that cost is about $150 or so per week.

The jets are loud but the reward is fantastic, especially for those customers who know what's happening. And there is nothing like watching the girls who wear dresses play in it.
    Justin Allen

Looking to add a video VJ to your club? I'm looking for a residency!

What's the hottest video's in nightclubs today?
    Check out my website under video mixes for the Top 15 hottest videos in April!

Jeanne tape

Haha yeah I have never cleaned up one but I can imagine it might take a while. I have been to one before and it was fun, everyone liked it. Its just a gimmick to fill your club.

CO2 seems expensive. But I'm thinking in terms of leasing a place, then monthly costs for electric, plumbing, paying all of the people who work for you, buying liquor, and then actually paying the salary workers. Im trying to find a way to some how become positive in a start up business.

Quote Originally Posted by imindless View Post
    How much does CO2 cost nowadays and how much are the machines? It seems like that would be an expense that a starting night club might not be able to afford.

I was thinking hookah lounge cause its very cheap investment and you have a high return on them, and/or oxygen bar.

I looked at Foam parties as like a special event night where everyone wears their swim suits, more of a summer thing, and the machines are really cheap to rent out, like $200-300 a night and then you get the foam which lasts around 4 hours per gallon you put in it and the foam is biodegradable so its a pretty easy clean up.

Those are very cheap investments which might make your night club stand out from the rest. Am I right or wrong for thinking that and how worth it would it be?
    Foam parties can mess up your real estate pretty bad if you're not equipped with a good foam pit. I'm not even game to do it at our club.

Quote Originally Posted by imindless View Post
    I just took a look at your club, its very nice. Where is it located?

How much did those machines cost?

Do you think adding a hookah lounge and a oxygen bar would increase sales of a night club, and the start up and running costs of them be cheap enough to be worth putting in a night club lounge area?
    Sherbrooke, Quebec Canada

We're too crowded to have a Hookah bar. It's a student town so I think they'd rather have a few more drinks then the oxygen bar... who knows I could be wrong thought.

I don't know exactly for every machine, but we're way past then the million dollar investment in the club right now. Been opened a little over a year.

We get between 600 (that's a very slow night) and 1500 people a night, 3 nights a week.

Thread Information