Get Arcade Gaming Tablets for your Bar or Restaurant!

Thread: Country & Western Nightclub Name

Country & Western Nightclub Name

We are in the process of opening a large Country & Western Nightclub in Augusta, Georgia and have gone back and forth on many names. Any really stand outs that you think are great...please add or e-mail me. We obviously want it to be appealing and inviting to all C&W guests but especially the ladies.

Outlaws - However, if we did have a couple of incidents that name might not be the best for the local news, etc. but many girls do like bad boys...outlaws and could go with themes such as Wanted....etc.

The Country Club...since we are in Augusta and known for golf, etc. thought about playing off of that theme, especially since it will be one of the nicest and most upscale country nightclubs ever created within the area.

Cowboys Saloon...There is already a Cowboy's in Atlanta, GA, 3 hours away however, we certainly could not use that name. However, the ladies do love Cowboy's and a name with that within it is certainly a viable option.

Also thought about a promo with the local radio station to Name the Bar....

Suggestions and advice appreciated....

probably not qualified to chime in on this one but...

my experience with c&w music is watchin cmt to stare at the southern belles in those tight jeans...

but im figuring there may be a good idea for a name in a song title or song lyric or something...

maybe something about roping or rodeos?

play off that and maybe try and get a regular promotion going and having some rodeo athletes in your place to sign autographed pictures or t shirts advertising your venue. im sure that women would flock to get a polaroid and an autograph with who ever is the hottest young bull rider in the league. (is it a league? a federation? an association? whatever...) do that whenever theres a rodeo in town. word will spread and you may even have guys callin you to come by. now you have star power. split the cash made from every autograph and picture and they get to get drunk, meet some hot chiquitas, and make a little coin...

you could also get a full scale model of that bull that was smashing people and put it in or on your place somewhere... cant think of the name of it but i remember it almost killed some famous rodeo cat and this bull had a reputation for being impossible to ride. or you could just have a fake bull made and call him "little big horns" and use him as a logo. obnoxiously large horns included.

or think about where cowboys used to go... saloons, bunkhouses, etc... and combine a few. i.e. "the bunkhouse saloon" or something

the radio idea is a great one also.

hope this helps.... probably not.
    THAT'S HOW I SPIN IT

Names can make or break a club. catchy, flashy,and usually simple and short make for some of the best ones in my opinion.

in my 15 Years in the Bar/Nightclub business here in Houston, TX ....
    I have seen many names, and some have been around for many years now.

I will list you some just to get the creative juices flowing and jump-start your mind.

Midnight Rodeo
    Nightlife
    Wild West
    TumbleWeed
    Big Texas
    Johnny B. Daltons
    Diamondbacks
    Cowboys
    Virginia City
    Red River
    Silver City

As you can see the names are fairly short, some what catchy, and they have a certain aspect of reminding me of old Western Movies. Pop in an Old John Wayne flick and see if there is something in the background, a sign or a scene maybe even a name, there is bound to be tons more out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mix
    but im figuring there may be a good idea for a name in a song title or song lyric or something...

maybe something about roping or rodeos?

play off that and maybe try and get a regular promotion going and having some rodeo athletes in your place to sign autographed pictures or t shirts advertising your venue. im sure that women would flock to get a polaroid and an autograph with who ever is the hottest young bull rider in the league. (is it a league? a federation? an association? whatever...) do that whenever theres a rodeo in town. word will spread and you may even have guys callin you to come by. now you have star power. split the cash made from every autograph and picture and they get to get drunk, meet some hot chiquitas, and make a little coin...
    I think that suggestion is AWESOME. This past fall I started watching bull-riding on OLN a lot...let me tell you what, those cowboys are HOT. You could pack the house full of ladies by getting a few PBR (professional bullriders association) riders in there for a promo night. The PBR's website is www.pbrnow.com, maybe something there could spur a name idea.

Since your mechanical bull is going to be a big attraction, I think a play on words or something related to that would be an awesome name idea. I think one-word names are always catchy, something easy to pull in the bull-riding would be: Rodeo (or The Rodeo) or Bucked. If you went with rodeo in the name somehow, keep in mind Garth Brooks has a killer song titled "Rodeo" that's all about bullriding & riders. That's a tune that would be sure to get the whole bar singing at last call every night.
    Last edited by Melissa_c; 01-04-2006 at 05:53 AM.

I'm just thinking out loud here but it seems you have few words for your golf connection to play off of out there: Green, Green Jacket and Masters are the obvious. None of which work too well naming a country venue.
    I don't think I've ever had to try and mix golf and country before. This is a tough one.
    I mean what do you go with here? Rodeo Masters? The Bobby Jones Saloon? The Green Saddle? The Back Nine?
    Sheesh...You can come up with enough corny names to fill a cornfield mixing these two.
    I try to stay away from anything with Rodeo, Cowboy or Saloon in it simply because they've all been so over-used.
    Your original idea of The Country Club just might be the best one already. It does seem a bit plain though. You could maybe tweak it a bit with something like Miss Kitty's Country Club. (There was a Miss Kitty's Saloon a few years back in Marietta but I'm pretty sure it has since bit the dust, no pun intended)
    There are ways to name a country bar and not use Rodeo or Cowboy in it and you still know it's a country bar when you hear it. The "Cowboy's" you referred to in Kennesaw, Ga used to be called the "The Crystal Chandelier" before they bought the place. I thought that was a much better name than just boring old "Cowboy's"
    Another one of my favorites in that area is called The Buckboard. That's a great name and I think the place is still open after a good 15 or 20 years.
    I'll kick it around a bit and see if anything hits me later. A couple that came to mind while typing this that you might be able to get away with without being just outright hoaky is The Red Stroke and The Branding Iron. Definitely country with a tad of golf thrown in.
    I've had some wierd ones thrown at me before, but golf and country takes the cake.
    J.T.
    I don't own a bar. I just make them look good and leave.
    www.nightclubdesigner.com

Country Club Name

Thanks for all of your help and assistance. The local Clear Channel Radio Station is still seeing what they can do to help out....maybe send people to a web site to vote for a name but they ran into a lot of legal questions when trying to do a promo with having a name come from the listners.

We do like The County Club but Visual Magic brings up a good point in that it is a bit booring. The shopping centers name is Washington Square so we could go with Washington Square Counrty Club and the club is located in West Augusta so we could go with West Augusta Country Club. We do like the name as is does play on the fact that we have many country clubs within the area but this will be the only real "Country" Club. We could do members jackets in denim with our logo and have many other promotional ideas that would go with this.

Any additional thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your help.

How about The Circle T Ranch or Double D Ranch. Double Eagle Ranch might work too but a Double Eagle Steakhouse exists in some markets.
    (All sort of golf terms)
    J.T.

Hey, we have The Cadillac Ranch out here in Texas. You could have The Caddyshack Ranch out there.

(Just kidding. I'm in one of those humorous moods again)
    J.T.

bro

Double D ranch?

i dont care what kind of music you play...

im goin !

but i was just thinking... if you make it a cross over golf and cowboy thing... how many cowboys actually golf or care about golfing? guys that spit tobacco juice everywhere and think riding a 2000 pound snotting snorting animal is the ONLY sport.... do ya think having a golf crossover theme is gonna "sissify" the place?

you are opening a country spot in the south. unless you are looking to draw golfers or golf fans or even tourists that are attending your golf events, how much more business do you think you will draw from your golf inclusion in your country theme? sounds to me like the bar and the proper marketing would stand "just dandy" on its own... (pardon my attempt at being southern)

have 100% usda in a blue circle that they put on beef on your bull logos back leg... you could have fake tattoos made that look like the stamp ... throw the bar name and some other slogan or something. use em for any women that wanna take a picture with one on. back of the shoulder, lower back,

oh the possibilities...

or you could like, have them hold a putter or something to incorporate the golf thing.... ya know what? scratch that golf suggestion. comparing cowboying and golfing is like comparing the NFL to the world baton twirling league...

good luck either way
    THAT'S HOW I SPIN IT

See? Mix gets it.
    That's sort of what I was going for there. Redneck meets funny plaid pants all in the same name.
    According to the "dictionary of golf terms", a "double D" is when a driver is used on the fairway after being used for the tee shot.
    Now, anyone else out there in Georgiaville with a pair of either A) testicles, or B) "Ds", is probably going to get that it has to be a country bar without even thinking about golf.
    Plus...most of the golfers/tourists will get it too. Even though nobody other than the golfers will get the double (no pun intended) meaning.

So there you go...

The Double D Ranch.

I even have a logo in mind for you but that would require some real work and a ton of free drinks the next time I'm in Augusta.
    J.T.

Thanks for everyone's help....

Visit our site....www.NameTheBar.com

We are receiving input, opinions, name suggestions and more importantly all of their e-mails for out database 2 months before we open. Our 3 major Country stations are all talking about it and doing some promos as well complimentary for our future business.

Just off the top of my head, how about...

The Boot
    Boot Scoot Bar
    Boot Scoot Bar & Grill
    Big Daddy's
    The Bucking Bronco

I also like the double d's idea.. Here is another take on that... Three B's or Triple B's (Booze, Babes & Bullriding), (Bourbon, Belles & Bullriding)

Or maybe a play off the address.. for example if the address is 53 ... Street
    Rodeo 53
    53 Saloon
    Bourbon House 53

hope this helps and like i said, it was just off the cuff...
    Last edited by king; 01-18-2006 at 07:44 AM.
    If you have a minute...
    http://www.clubhunt.com/

Thread Information