Make Tuesday the New Friday with Buzztime Digital Entertainment!

Thread: Daily Sales Sheet (XLS)

Daily Sales Sheet (XLS)

This is the sales report that I use every day for my bar and grill. It reads just like a sales journal (reversed kinda). Credits are on the left, debits are on the right of the sheet. I love this format because it balances your sales against your receipts for you. From this sheet, I can simply copy the information into my Quickbooks program.

This is a blank template for 2008. I left notes in comment boxes for January so you can see where I'm coming from. Delete what isn't applicable to you or add what you want.

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Estefon; 08-14-2008 at 03:37 AM.

Just curious as I have always had someone handle the books in the past, How does it figure the gross sales and net sales for you? the ones in each column on the side?
    Quote Originally Posted by Estefon View Post
    This is the sales report that I use every day for my bar and grill. It reads just like a sales journal (reversed kinda). Credits are on the left, debits are on the right of the sheet. I love this format because it balances your sales against your receipts for you. From this sheet, I can simply copy the information into my Quickbooks program.

This is a blank template for 2008. I left notes in comment boxes for January so you can see where I'm coming from. Delete what isn't applicable to you or add what you want.

Steve

wow there's a lot of stuff on that spread sheet

Gross sales on the spreadsheet are all sales, excluding sales tax collected but before comps. It's the sum of column E through K on the spreadsheet.

Net Sales are sales minus comps (columns M through X)

This sheet is basically a sales journal in Excel Format. Use it as such. It's also also a good projection tool. By the 10th or 11th of each month, my sales are usually within $2k of the projection.

If you're not familiar with Excel, please ask with any questions. The formulas are super easy to modify to your establishment.

In my opinion, you don't need an accountant to enter your sales or do you basic bookkeeping. It's all addition and subtraction. The opening manager enters the prvious days sales into this sheet and I spend about an hour each week entering the figures from the XLS sheet into quickbooks. It can't get any easier than this.

Thumbs up Sales Report

I've tried this sales report at my current establishment, I have to say that it has worked wonders for our team.

Thread Information