Make Tuesday the New Friday with Buzztime Digital Entertainment!

Thread: How to word sign such as "No Colors Allowed"

How to word sign such as "No Colors Allowed"

I am curious about what verbiage to use for a sign for my nighclub's front door. I was thinking "No Colors." But I'm not sure if this is legal or correct. I do not want to admit gangs and/or organizations that are threatening to others. These would be groups that are required to wear matching vests, bandanas, etc., or "property of" clothing.

The dilemma is that I do not want to exclude other organizations such as govt based affiliations such as the V.F.W. or H.O.G. riders that are non-threatening organizations, but also, who aren't required to wear certain, specific clothing.

Just put up a sign that states "Dress Code Enforced". Everybody that has an affiliation with the afore mentioned groups know what you are referring to.

Do not use "no colors". You will create more problems than you solve and I suspect some will even misinterpret it as you not allowing blacks. A "dress code" can imply anything without singling anyone out. You then can state no rec or blue caps, bandanas, wife beater t-shirts, etc on a case by case basis. If you think 'dress code" may cause your customers to think you are going too upscale, then simply state: "management reserves the right to refuse anyone entry at any time." Just be careful not to violate anyone's civil rights.
    Last edited by Michael Black; 09-18-2008 at 11:51 PM.
    A cleanup guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Black View Post
    Do not use "no colors". You will create more problems than you solve and I suspect some will even misinterpret it as you not allowing blacks. A "dress code" can imply anything without singling anyone out. You then can state no rec or blue caps, bandanas, wife beater t-shirts, etc on a case by case basis. If you think 'dress code" may cause your customers to think you are going too upscale, then simply state: "management reserves the right to refuse anyone entry at any time." Just be careful not to violate anyone's civil rights.
    Good point, but I would say instead... "Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time" so that even once they've entered, there are still house rules that apply to them.

EAST/CENT. NEBR., RIGHT ON THE NORTH EDGE OF HELL
    Here in paradise...if you don't have that sign up..."refusing service" then by rights you have to serve them. Everybody here, to my knowledge has the sign posted in plain sight.

I think, if I had a problem, I would post both. In really big letters, in real simple english,
    DRESS CODE IS IN EFFECT & WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE WE DAMN WELL WANT !!!

Yeah, and for your own good, definitly don't use the word "color" anywhere or you'll likely have every group known to man breathing down your back.

Have a GREAT weekend,
    Rick

I think the dress code sign will work, as well as a list of clothing you do not accept.
    Looking for some quality promotional items for my new saloon/eatery.

dress code

if you must use "colors" use "gang colors" or "mc colors". then you have to enforce them. yes you don't want hells angels but what if the fireman come with their mc jackets on ?
    www.thesaltydog.net

Quote Originally Posted by ministry View Post
    if you must use "colors" use "gang colors" or "mc colors". then you have to enforce them. yes you don't want hells angels but what if the fireman come with their mc jackets on ?
    Just say "no baggin'" in your dress code. I really doubt that the firemen (or even the hells angels) are gonna come in with their shorts baggin' below their asses with half their underwear showing and all. You could also say "no signing", no crotch-holding allowed, etc. Gangsta is a culture, not a race. If you're restricting that look, it's the same as banning the skate-board look, or the goth look. It's your place, you can determine the code of dress you'll allow. (Well, I'm not sure you could have a clothes-optional dress code or anything... : )

We do not allow them it our place. When the bikers come in just tell them yourself. They will probably respect you for it and the word will get pass rather quickly. I always tell potential trouble makes it cost me too much money to keep the place open and we run a tight ship.

Curious

Seed,
    Why did you comment to a thread that hasn't been in almost 2 1/2 years? Just curious. The people that posted the question probably aren't even on here anymore.

I would like to thank you (seed) for bringing this up. I am a new member and have not searched all post yet. We have had this come up in the Bar and we know most of the MC club members of several (3) clubs. We just let them know colors draw the local police to drive by alot and nobody wants that. most just say that they are an MC not a gang. And we let them if they are a MC then they sould act as such not like a gang, all gruoped up, arms folded, and staring down people.
    after the talk to the top MC member, most of them hve not come back. We are a biker freindly bar
    and welcome poker runs and gatherings. like I said we know several members of MC's and most are good people. But some just have gang mentality.Sorry my typing is bad and spell check is not working, but i do like to try give input on things.

I have been using the what's new feature and it popped up? It is rather funny though glad I could be a help.

This is why I joined, People helpping each other.

It's like one big happy (slightly disfunctional) family here...;-)

Thread Information